Based in O'Fallon, Missouri
TBA - Kickstarter on Nov 15
Kickstarter - Web and Windows Demo
Become K.C. Morgan, paranormal investigator, and search a New England mansion for your missing father. Battle the forces of corruption infesting the mansion armed only with your wits and an old .38 revolver, and gather scrolls of forbidden lore. But the more you discover, the more warped and twisted the world - and you - become. Uncover the story of Lore Finder, a 2D metroidvania and a modern queer reimagining of the cosmic horror genre.
Conceived during Ludum Dare late 2017, Lore Finder is now on Kickstarter.
- Browser (Firefox and Chrome) and Windows demo available.
- Traverse a changing world: Individual rooms will transform and hold new surprises as you accumulate powers.
- Find your own path: Non-linear design encourages freeform, exploration-based, and self-directed progression. Complete sections of the game in what order you like.
- Experience atmosphere: From the dark and oppressive living areas, to the impersonal basement with its cold steel and mortar, to the dank caverns that lie even further below.
- Accumulate forbidden powers: Embrace your own corruption, fight fire with fire, and wield dark powers against their own progenitors.
- Face climactic terrors: Within the mansion dwell dangers of elevated strength and influence, often guarding crucial ways and powers.
- Uncover a family's corruption: Experience the result of the restless emotions of the mansion's formerly human inhabitants expressed through an eldritch power, from the anxiety of a frustrated would-be scientist to the isolation and anguish of a child unloved.
- Piece together past events: Explore and find scattered evidence of the inhabitants' otherworldly transformation through journal entries and memory-stained objects.
Kickstarter demo trailer YouTube
Bertram voice sample by Adam Harrington YouTube
Logo & Icon
Kitsune Games allows for the contents of Lore Finder to be published through video broadcasting services for any commercial or non-commercial purposes. Monetization of videos created containing assets from Lore Finder is legally & explicitly allowed by Kitsune Games. This permission can be found in writing at http://kitsunegames.com/press/sheet.php?p=lore%20finder.
About Kitsune Games
Kitsune Games is an inclusive indie video game development microstudio founded by Emma 'Eniko' Maassen. Through its mission, "traditional games made accessible and diverse", the studio strives to make the world a better place by offering quality, accessible entertainment with representation of people from all walks of life.
More information on Kitsune Games, our logo & relevant media are available here.
Lore Finder Credits