Based in O'Fallon, Missouri
March 9, 2020
Run and jump your way across 11 states and the District of Columbia as Bernie and free the USA from the clutches of four Republicans in their castle lairs. Find power ups like Vermont cheddar cheese, red roses, and the power of "Not Me. Us" to overcome obstacles such as walking red hats, Mitch troopas, and tiki torch throwers.
A political retro game rendered in classic NES style and colors, accompanied by nostalgic chip tunes. Play it for free!
Super Bernie World was created during the 2020 US presidential primaries in order to support Bernie Sanders' candidacy and released in early March. It was covered by outlets such as Vice, The Washington Post, People, ABC, and appeared on primetime news in Japan on the public NHK broadcasting channel. It was the top New and Trending game on the day of its release and became the #4 top free game on Steam for the month of March. By July it had a quarter million installs.
- 4 worlds containing 12 levels total
- 3 power ups
- 8 classic enemies
- Playable on gamepad or keyboard
Gameplay Trailer YouTube
Logo & Icon
Awards & Recognition
- "#4 Top Free Game - Steam - Month of March" 22 April, 2020
- "Bernie Sanders leaps over a MAGA hat-wearing goomba to take a bite of Vermont cheese. Now that Sanders is twice his normal size, there's little to fear from the Mitch McConnell-headed turtle soldiers. This was the experience at least in the New Mexico level of Super Bernie World"
- Gene Park, Washington Post
- "Instead of coins, Sanders collects electoral votes. Bullet Bill fires rounds labeled ICE. An upraised glowing fist grants invincibility and a rose (the symbol of the Democratic Socialists of America) allows the player to toss roses like fireballs. At the end of a level, Sanders faces down politicians like Ted Cruz and defeats them by dropping them into a jail cell."
- Matthew Gault, Vice
- "Throughout the classic platform-style levels, Sanders jumps over turtle-like McConnells who are trying to attack him and avoids MAGA-hat-wearing enemies on his way to eventually fight Trump, the game's ultimate boss."
- Sean Neumann, People
Kitsune Games allows for the contents of Super Bernie World to be published through video broadcasting services for any commercial or non-commercial purposes. Monetization of videos created containing assets from Super Bernie World is legally & explicitly allowed by Kitsune Games. This permission can be found in writing at http://kitsunegames.com/press/sheet.php?p=super%20bernie%20world.
MidBoss Original Soundtrack by yuzuki store.steampowered.com.
Product information at kitsunegames.com.
Community wiki at midboss.wikia.com.
Known issues, up-to-date information and discussion at reddit.com.
About Kitsune Games
Kitsune Games is an inclusive indie video game development studio founded by Emma 'Eniko' Maassen. Through its mission, "traditional games made accessible and diverse", the studio strives to make the world a better place by offering quality, accessible entertainment with representation of people from all walks of life.
More information on Kitsune Games, our logo & relevant media are available here.
Super Bernie World Credits
Lead Developer, Producer
Portraits & Logo