Based in O'Fallon, Missouri
July 16, 2020
Ultra Hat Dimension is a violent puzzle game about adorable hats and people getting punched for wearing them. The catch is that the player can't punch anyone; instead, they must use the power of hats to convince others to do the punching for them. Find and defeat the Spluff responsible!
Ultra Hat Dimension was originally created for Ludum Dare 32, under the theme An Unconventional Weapon. Of the 1500+ games in the 72-hour Jam category, it got 22nd place in audio and 24th place overall. Three of the four original team members decided to polish it up for a commercial release, and here we are. In 2020 an enhanced edition was released on Steam, itch, Switch, PlayStation, and Xbox, featuring an all new animated cutscene and undo feature as well as support for gamepads on PC.
- Four kinds of adorably pixeled hats!
- Flowing water!
- Custom map support!
- Punch people backwards!
- Unending slapfights!
- Mouth sounds!
- Punch people out cold!
- People floating downstream!
- Charming music!
- An epic puzzley boss battle!
2020 Release Trailer YouTube
Animated Intro Cutscene YouTube
Logo & Icon
Awards & Recognition
- "#22 (audio), #24 (overall)" Ludum Dare 32, Jam, 11 May, 2015
- "Ultra Hat Dimension is a perfect example of how wonderful things can happen if you polish up a simple idea and execute it well. If you like your puzzle games smart and heavy on the charm, this is the title for you."
- Dora Breckinridge, jayisgames.com
- "Contrary to how it may at first sound, Ultra Hat Dimension is not a washed up European trance DJ duo, but is an excellent puzzle game that features all of the aforementioned head dressings."
- Joe Donnelly, Rock, Paper, Shotgun
- "I have never once considered using headgear to face off against my arch-nemesis, but I'm game to try that out here."
- Joel Couture, IndieGames.com
Kitsune Games allows for the contents of Ultra Hat Dimension to be published through video broadcasting services for any commercial or non-commercial purposes. Monetization of videos created containing assets from Ultra Hat Dimension is legally & explicitly allowed by Kitsune Games. This permission can be found in writing at http://kitsunegames.com/press/sheet.php?p=ultra%20hat%20dimension.
Product information at kitsunegames.com.
Map Editing Guide
Guide for creating maps and modding at kitsunegames.com.
Available for free from yuzuki.bandcamp.com.
About Kitsune Games
Kitsune Games is an inclusive indie video game development studio founded by Eniko Fox. Through its mission, "traditional games made accessible and diverse", the studio strives to make the world a better place by offering quality, accessible entertainment with representation of people from all walks of life.
More information on Kitsune Games, our logo & relevant media are available here.
Ultra Hat Dimension Credits
Mechanics, Code, Art
Mechanics, Writing, Puzzles