Large quality of life v1.2 MidBoss patch, out now!
on by Eniko
The big MidBoss patch you’ve all been waiting for is finally here! There’s too much to cover in depth so here’s a quick list of things you’ll be interested in:
- Upgrade system provided by the merchant. Scrap useless items into a single (sellable) pile, increase the number of slots in your inventory, and stack potions and tomes.
- Three brand new abilities! Throw lets you throw anything in the game at your enemies, Guard replaces the Rust ability and is a toggle which drains stamina every turn but increases your damage reduction, and Miasma which replaces Life Leech on warlocks which throws down a field that blinds anything that passes through it, lowering Evasion and Accuracy.
- Fast travel! Just right click on the map to travel to your cursor, the merchant, the cratefish king, or the stairs.
- Item quickbar for using, equipping, and throwing items easily and conveniently.
- Changes to game modes, there are now three to pick from. Hardcore mode is the default permadeath roguelike mode, 1UP mode gives you 5 lives with more to find along the way, and Narrative mode is for those who want to casually explore all the game has to offer with infinite lives and buffs to make the game easier.
- Each new game mode now comes in three lengths: quick (same as quick play), standard (a new faster mode between the old quick play and default), and extended (the same as the old default).
- Changes to make shrines more accessible. Gods will summon champions to punish you for trashing their shrines. If defeated these champions will drop icons belonging to their god, which you can use to gain the god’s blessing. Additionally, pages of lore will randomly drop throughout the game, some of which contains information about the gods and how to interact with them.
- New Game+ enhancements. When starting a New Game+ you can start the game with a new random seed. Additionally there’s a hazard boost option, this makes items and monsters stronger, allowing you to play through the game multiple times at increasing difficulty.
- Experienced players can now speed up animations by 25, 50, 75, or 100% through the options menu.
- Mastery procs and debuffs will be shown onscreen to make it clearer what’s going on.
- Improvements to keyboard targeting prioritizes enemies over static objects, and selects targets in a more natural left-to-right fashion.
- The floppy disk item has been implemented. If you find and use it there’s an achievement in it for you, and a glimpse into MidBoss’ past!
- Improvements to controls and options for new players of all experience levels.
And those are just the highlights. Check the instructions on how to update, or read a full description of changes in this version in the changelog, and if you enjoy these changes and MidBoss, please vote for it in the Labor of Love category of the Steam awards.